10/17/15

Coincidence? I think not.

The other day I found my list of New Year's resolutions; # 6:Get Book 2 out. The next day I received an email about a 30 year reunion of what secretly I've always nicknamed my St. Elmo's Fire friends (one of which gave me the journal that houses book 2 & another's birthday is today).

I've been working on #6 a good part of today.  It's a lot harder than the first one because even though it's taken a hell of alot longer to get to this point (as Amber​ will confirm) it turns out things I haven't thought about since I put them in the book are coming to the surface as if they just happened.  Why is that even possible??

...so I'm typing up the lyrics to Total Eclipse of the Heart & of course I remember why it made it into the book; but somewhere between the 3rd and 4th "Turn Around" that memory is replaced by something more "recent".  I don't know if that's the work of good songwriting or proof that we are doomed to repeat our history.

House​ says there's no such thing as coincidence.


No comments:

Post a Comment