7/17/13

Dallas vs LifeStation

Another interesting story in the life and times of Dallas while she's attempting to close down her Dad's life (don't you just love the third person speak :) )

While I was home I cancelled the LifeStation account  (love the product would recommend to anyone - just no need if he's going to be in the nursing home) and sent the unit, wristband and bathroom wall unit back in the same box they were sent to us in.  Today I noticed they drafted $40 out of his account, so I called to find out why.  CSR Stan told me that the box did not contain the bathroom wall button & instead of calling me to say "hey did you forget to send the button back" they just charged us for it.  Needless to say since I KNEW I put it in there. I accidently pushed the button while trying to pull it off the velcro straps from the wall & even though the main unit was unplugged from the power and phone it still lit up & attempted to call out.  I remember thinking good thing I called to cancel first b/c it would be interesting to have EMS show up at the house in the condition it was in.  


Stan put me on hold to talk to his supervisor and came back and explained that they scan everything as it comes in & the button wasn't there.  All of a sudden I remembered that I took a picture and video of the unit blinking while it was in the box - and it was still on my phone; I offered to send it to them (I did it b/c I was afraid they were going to tell me the unit didn't work anymore & I wanted to be able to prove to them that when I put it in the box it was working.).
 They've agreed to refund the $40 - although it will take 10 business days (really??).

No comments:

Post a Comment